NUR 513 Topic 5: Theory-Based Nursing Practice II
- Discuss relevant theories applicable to advanced nursing practice for individuals, families, communities, and special populations.
- Relate nursing theories to your personal
Advanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession
Review Chapters 19 and 23 in Adw.mc:ed Pruc:tic:e Nursing: Essential Knuwledge fur the Prufessiun.
The Living Tree of Nursing Theories
Review ”The Living Tree of Nursing Theorie s,” by Tou1ville and Ingalls, from Nursing Forum (2003).
Competencies Create Expert, Accountable Nurses Delivering Quality Care
Review “Competencies Create Expert, Accountable Nurses Delivering Quality Care,” by P irschel, from ONS Voice
A Multidimensional Analysis of the Epistemic Origins of Nursing Theories, Models, and Frameworks
Review “A Multidimensional Analysis of the Epistemic Origins of Nursing Theories, Models, and Frameworks,” by Beckstead and Beck stead , from International Journal of Nursing Studies(2006).
Being able to a1ticulate your personal world view can help you fo1mulate a personal philosophy of practice and enhance your influence on patients and the indus try. In this ass ignment, you will have an opportunity to reflect on your current and futur e practice, and the ways worldview and nursing the01y influence that practice .
Draft a 1,000-1 ,250 word paper in which you:
- Describe your personal worldview, including the religious, spiritual , and cultural elements that you think most influence your personal philosophy of prac tice and attitude towards patient care .
- Choose a spec ific nursing theory that is most in line with your personal philosophy of practice and approac h to patient care and discuss the similaritie Explain ho w the nurs ing theo1y reinforces your approach to care.
- Include in your explanation a specific example of a past or current pra ctice and how your worldview and the nursing theor y could assist you in resolving this issue .
- Finally , explain how your worldview and the nursing theo1y will assist you in further developing your future practice
You are required to cite five to IO so urces to complete this assignment Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide , located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a mbric. Pl ease revie w the mbric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for succe ssful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Plea se refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Topic 5 DQ 1
During this program, you will complete an evidence-based practice project addressing a problem, issue , or concern in your specialty area of professiona l practice. Consider an area in your s peci alty that you believe needs improve m ent. Which nurs ing theorie s could you appl y to this problem? Why is this the best theor y?
Topic 5 DQ 2
Select one theory discussed during Topics 4 and 5. Does application of this theo1y differ based on the population focus (individuals, families, co= unities, and special populations)? Why or why not? Use examples from your current practice to illustrate di fferences or similaritie s.
Topic 5 Participation
NUR-513 Course Objectives
In this course, the student will:
- Determine the current state of advanced specialty nursing
- Examine nursing theo1y and the role, ethical responsibilities, and legal obligations of the advanced specialty nurse in health promotion and disease prevention from a Christian perspective and as a leader who improves health care
- Navigate GCU’s libraiy and other scholaily resources of evidence-based practice (EBP) literature and guidelines.
- Review evidence-based practice (EBP) and the reseai·ch
- Determine avenues for role development, including identifying relevant professional organizations and professional development
NUR 513 Topic 8: Role Development for Advanced Registered Nurses
NUR 513 Topic 2: Scope of Practice
NUR 513 Topic 1: Emerging Roles for Advanced Registered Nursing Specialties