NUR 590 Topic 2: Making the Case for Evidence-Based Practice Papers
- Describe effective strategies to create an evidence-based practice culture within a health care setting.
- Identify stakeholders needed for the evidence-based practice project.
- Assess organizational readiness for the evidence-based practice project.
Topic 2 DQ 1
Aug 19, 2021 12:00 AM
Aug 21, 2021 11:59 PM
Compare two organizational readiness tools. Identify the tool you selected and explain why it is most appropriate for assessing your organization.
Topic 2 DQ 2
Aug 19, 2021 12:00 AM
Aug 23, 2021 11:59 PM
Do you foresee any issues with the proposed implementation of your project? Identify a strategy to help create or sustain a higher level of readiness to change with your organization and discuss how current research or literature will be used to ensure that change is based on current evidence.
Benchmark – Evidence-Based Practice Project Proposal: Organizational Culture and Readiness
Aug 19, 12:00 AM
Aug 25, 11:59 PM
In order to successfully implement a change within an organization, the change agent must assess the organization’s culture and readiness for change. In 750-1,000 words, analyze the culture and level of readiness of the organization for which your evidence-based practice project is proposed. You will use the assessment of the organization’s culture and readiness in the Topic 8 assignment, during which you will synthesize the various aspects of your project into a final paper detailing your evidence-based practice project proposal.
Include the following:
- Describe the organization’s culture and explain to what degree the culture supports change. Consider organizational and leadership structure, mission and values, interprofessional collaboration/team engagement, communication, perception of the organization by employees, etc.
- Select an organizational readiness tool and assess the level or readiness for change within your organization. Identify the readiness tool and summarize the survey results. Discuss the degree to which the culture will support and sustain an evidence-based practice change. Consider strengths and weaknesses, potential barriers, stakeholder support, timing of the proposal, and resources. Provide rationale.
- Discuss what health care process and systems you would recommend for improving quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness for the organization.
- Propose strategies to better facilitate the readiness of the organization.
- Identify the stakeholders and team members for the project. Include what their duties will be in the evidence-based practice project proposal.
- Explain what information and communication technologies are needed for the implementation and how they will be integrated in the setting by the internal stakeholders. Explain how these will help improve nursing practice and care delivery for individuals and populations for your intervention.
Refer to the “evidence-based practice project proposal – Assignment Overview” document for an overview of the evidence-based practice project proposal assignments.
You are required to cite a minimum four peer-reviewed sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Complete the “APA Writing Checklist” to ensure that your paper adheres to APA style and formatting criteria and general guidelines for academic writing. Include the completed checklist as an appendix at the end of your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MBA-MSN; MSN-Nursing Education; MSN Acute Care Nurse Practitioner-Adult-Gerontology; MSN Family Nurse Practitioner; MSN-Health Informatics; MSN-Health Care Quality and Patient Safety; MSN-Leadership in Health Care Systems; MSN-Public Health Nursing
3.1: Assess health care processes and systems to recommend measures for improving quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness across an organization.
3.3: Integrate appropriate information and communication technologies to improve nursing practice and care delivery for individuals and populations.
There is no description for this assessment.
Supporting the Uptake of Nursing Guidelines: What You Really Need to Know to Move Nursing Guidelines Into Practice
Read “Supporting the Uptake of Nursing Guidelines: What You Really Need to Know to Move Nursing Guidelines Into Practice,” by Mat
… Read More
Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare : A Guide to Best Practice
Read Chapters 15 and 18 in Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
Explore the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website.
Aligning Organizational Culture and Infrastructure to Support Evidence-Based Practice
Read “Aligning Organizational Culture and Infrastructure to Support Evidence-Based Practice,” by Ost, Blalock, Fagan, Sweeney, an
… Read More
JBI EBP Resources
Use the JBI EBP Resources to search for EBP resources related to your project.
Organizational Readiness Tools for Global Health Intervention: A Review
Read “Organizational Readiness Tools for Global Health Intervention: A Review,” by Dearing, from Frontiers in Public Health</
… Read More
The Checklist: Recognize Limits, but Harness Its Power
Read “The Checklist: Recognize Limits, but Harness Its Power,” by Grif Alspach, from Critical Care Nurse (2017).
Explore the Cochrane Library website.
A Multisite Health System Survey to Assess Organizational Context to Support Evidence-Based Nursing
Read “A Multisite Health System Survey to Assess Organizational Context to Support Evidence-Based Nursing,” by Pitmann et al., fr
… Read More
Advanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession
Read Chapters 23 and 24 in Advanced Practice Nursing: Essential Knowledge for the Profession.
Read “Readiness Assessment” (2015), located on the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website.
Cultivate a Culture of Excellence at the Point of Care
Read “Cultivate a Culture of Excellence at the Point of Care,” by Medeiros, from Nursing Management (2020).
The Cochrane Collaboration
Explore the Cochrane Collaboration website.
6 Steps for Transforming Organizational EBP Culture
Read “6 Steps for Transforming Organizational EBP Culture,” by Ogiehor-Enoma, Taqueban, and Anosike, from Nursing Management<
… Read More