Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
Each DQ question needs a reference and it must be citied in citation.
- Watch the “Getting Back to Shakopee” video or the “Hanging with Hailey” case study video located in the Topic 5 folder in MindTap. After viewing the video, address the following:Discussions: “Hanging with Hailey” Case Study
According to Chapter 8 in the textbook, assessment is used to gather information to create a coherent picture of the client. Identify how the client in the selected video is functioning within the various types in intrapersonal systems. Explain why it is important for a case manager to interpret the meaning of various client functions when developing a treatment plan.
- What is one thing you know about Assessment?
- Now that you have created the scenario for your hypothetical “client” for the intake interview assignment due in Topic 7, explain how you developed the scenario for your hypothetical “client.” What is the presenting problem and the current level of functioning? Was the client referred or seeking treatment on their own? Why is it important to know this information? Propose some engagement strategies you plan to use in your questioning techniques. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
SOC 449 Week 1 Social Phenomena Sample Essay
A social phenomenon can be defined as behavior that influences or is influenced by a client. When dealing with a client it is important to understand their behavior and why they are behaving like that. In this essay, the social phenomenons apparent in the video, “Home for the Holidays” will be explained.
As well as theories a social worker needs to be familiar with in order to help a client in their situation. This essay will also include the ways a social worker can use the theories to help the client work through their social phenomena and identify the appropriate principles that align with ethical practice in the video “Home for the Holidays”. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
Social Phenomenons that were apparent and presented to the social worker, in this case, were the couple trying to figure out where they should spend the holidays at. Ana doesn’t feel comfortable at Jackie’s house because she feels Jackie’s family isn’t as welcome of the fact they are gay. Ana asks why should she have to compromise herself for Jackie’s family.
Jackie’s behavior towards going home is a little selfish because she doesn’t want her family to kick her out because she is gay. However, Ana is trying to explain to Jackie that if she talks to her family about being gay they are more likely to be more open to the idea of them as a couple. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
A social worker should be familiar with the psychosocial theory, systems theory, Pargament’s theory of religious coping, and lastly be comfortable with the ecological systems model. The psychosocial theory, “focuses on the ways that individuals are shaped by and react to their social environment” (Campbellsville, 2019). This theory can help the client work through their social phenomenas by showing them the social environment is having a negative or positive effect on their behavior and how they are being shaped.
An example from the video can be when Jackie is talking about the environment she grew up in and Ana points out how she is so much like her family. She is like her family because she grew up surrounded by them. Systems theory, “states that behavior is influenced by a variety of factors that work together as a system” (Campbellsville, 2019). This theory can be used by the social worker to figure out the factors that are working together to influence the client’s behavior. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
Pargament’s theory of religious coping may be another theory a social worker should be familiar with as it might help people who are dealing with tough issues find their answers in religion. This theory has five major functions, “to discover meaning, to garner control, to acquire comfort by virtue of closeness to God, to achieve closeness with others and to transform life” (Xi, 2016). Lastly, it may be helpful for a social worker to understand a client’s ecological systems model. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
This model makes, “a close conceptual fit with the “person-in-environment” perspective that dominated social work…” (Hepworth, Rooney, Rooney, & Strom-Godfried, 2016). By using the ecological systems model the social worker will be able to understand the client’s background and their surrounding environment. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
The NASW Code of Ethics, “is intended to serve as a guide to the everyday professional conduct of social workers” (NASW, 2020). There are six values in the NASW Code of Ethics which include, service, social justice, dignity and worth of a person, importance of human relationship, integrity and, competence. In this video “Home for the Holidays”, the principles that align with ethical practice in this case study include service, social justice, the importance of human relationship, and integrity. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
The first service is important in this case because a social worker’s primary goal is to help people in need and address any social problems they are dealing with. Next social justice is important in this case because the couple is part of a discriminated group. This case also aligns with the principle of the importance of human relationships. The couple was sacrificing their relationship for other relationships, causing a weak relationship between Ana and Jackie. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
The social worker was able to see that and thought of ways to help make their relationship stronger. Lastly, integrity, the social worker behaved in a trustworthy manner and communicated openly to the clients about what would and wouldn’t be shared.
Social workers need to be able to identify how social contractions influence a client’s life. Each client will have different ways of expressing social phenomenas happening in their life and it is important to understand their behavior and why they are behaving like that. Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study
Discussions Hanging with Hailey Case Study References
- Campbellsville. (2019, July 29). 5 Social Work Theories That Inform Practice. Retrieved from https://online.campbellsville.edu/social-work/social-work-theories/
- Hepworth, D. H., Rooney, R. H., Rooney, G. D., & Strom-Godfried, K. (2016). Direct social work practice: Theory and skills (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage. ISBN-13: 9781305833803.URL:http://www.gcumedia.com/digital-resources/cengage/2016/direct-social-work-practice_theory-and-skills_ebook_10e.php
- NASW. (2020). About. Retrieved from https://www.socialworkers.org/about/ethics/code-of-ethics/code-of-ethics-english
- Xu, J. (2016). Pargament’s theory of religious coping: Implications for spiritually sensitive social work practice. British Journal of Social Work, 46(5), 1394–1410. https://doi-org.lopes.idm.oclc.org/10.1093/bjsw/bcv080