Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
SOCW 6500 Week 1 Assignment 1
SOCW 6500 Week 1 Assignment 1
Assignment 1: Week 1 Blog
You will have 11 blog assignments. You will first post your responses to blog prompts on social work field education experiences and then respond to three other colleagues regarding their blog posts each week. The topics covered in each week’s resources will inform the topics of the blog posts.
Refer to the topics covered in this week’s resources and incorporate them into your blog.
Post a blog post that includes:
- A description of your understanding of field education experiences
- An explanation of your role as an intern in your field education experience, including your agency learning agreement. (List below)
A process recording is a written tool used by field education experience students, field instructors, and faculty to examine the dynamics of social work interactions in time. Process recordings can help in developing and refining interviewing and intervention skills. By conceptualizing and organizing ongoing activities with social work clients, you are able to clarify the purpose of interviews and interventions, identify personal and professional strengths and weaknesses, and improve self-awareness. The process recording is also a useful tool in exploring the interpersonal dynamics and values operating between you and the client system through an analysis of filtering the process used in recording a session.
For this Assignment, you will submit a process recording of your field education experiences specific to diversity and cultural competence.
The Assignment (2–4 pages):
- Provide a transcript of what happened during your field education experience, including a dialogue of interaction with a client.
- Explain your interpretation of what occurred in the dialogue, including social work practice theories, and explain how it might relate to diversity or cultural competence covered this week.
- Describe your reactions and/or any issues related to your interaction with a client during your field education experience.
- Explain how you applied social work practice skills when performing the activities during your process recording.
- This assignment is intended to help students demonstrate the behavioral components of this competency in their field education.To Prepare: Meet with your Field Instructor. During the meeting, you are expected to assess the population(s) served by the agency. After meeting with the Field Instructor, conduct extensive research regarding the agency’s client population. You will be expected to use at least 5 peer-reviewed resources. The purpose of the research is to discover “evidenced based practices” that are most effective while working with clients served within the population. If the agency serves more than one population, select one sub-population within the agency to conduct the review.
Submission and Grading Information
MSW Foundation Year -Student Learning Agreement