Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
SOCW 6210 Week 7 Assignment
SOCW 6210 Week 7 Assignment
Assignment: Models of Grieving
The death of a loved one is a significant event that everyone experiences. An individual’s social environment, including societal and familial cultural factors, may influence how an individual approaches death or grieves the loss of someone else who dies. You can anticipate addressing grief in your social work practice and, therefore, should develop an understanding of the grieving process.
Two models of grieving—the Kubler-Ross and Westburg models—identify stages through which an individual progresses in response to the death of a loved one. Understanding the various ways individuals cope with grief helps you to anticipate their responses and to assist them in managing their grief. Select one model of grieving—the Kubler-Ross or Westburg model—to address in this assignment.
Addressing the needs of grieving family members can diminish your personal emotional, mental, and physical resources. In addition to developing strategies to assist grieving individuals in crisis, you must develop strategies that support self-care.
In this Assignment, you apply a grieving model to work with families in a hospice environment and suggest strategies for self-care.
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 4-page paper in which you:
- Explain how you, as a social worker, might apply the grieving model you selected to your work with families in a hospice environment.
- Identify components of the grieving model that you think might be difficult to apply to your social work practice. Explain why you anticipate these challenges.
- Identify strategies you might use for your own self care as a social worker dealing with grief counseling. Explain why these strategies might be effective.
Support your Assignment with specific references to the resources. Be sure to provide full APA citations for your references.
Discussion: Psychological Aspects of Aging
Theories of successful aging explain factors that support individuals as they grow old, contributing to their ability to function. Increasing your understanding of factors that support successful aging improves your ability to address the needs of elderly clients and their families.
To prepare for this Discussion, review this week’s media. In addition, select a theory of successful aging to apply to Sara’s case.
Post a Discussion in which you:
- Explain key life events that have influenced Sara’s relationships. Be sure to substantiate what makes them key in your perspective.
- Explain how you, as Sara’s social worker, might apply a theory of successful aging to her case. Be sure to provide support for your strategy.
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.