PSY 402 Topic 2 Discussions
PSY 402 Topic 2 Discussions
PSY 402 Topic 2 DQ 1
What does the case of Phineas Gage reveal about localization of functions in the brain? How can modern neuroscientists and psychologists learn from his injury?
DQ 2 Given your understanding of the functions of the different lobes of the brain, how might a person be affected by damage to the temporal lobe? Frontal lobe? Occipital lobe? Parietal lobe?
Benchmark Article Review
For this assignment, select a peer-reviewed journal article relating to an area of problem solving, decision making, or an intelligence theory that was discussed in class (e.g., fluid or crystalline intelligence, primary/secondary reinforcers, biases, or effective problem-solving strategies).
The article must meet the following criteria:
- The article must be from a peer-reviewed journal.
- The article must be obtained from the GCU Library.
- The article must be a research study, rather than a literature review (i.e., the article has to have methods, results, and discussion sections).
- The article must utilize a cognitive or behavioral theory, model, or effect.
- The purpose of this article review is to get you to think critically about an area of cognition or learning. After reading your chosen article, address the following questions. Use subheadings to differentiate between the various aspects of your review. Remember, APA guidelines can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
- Be sure to include the major findings of the study.
- What conclusions did the researchers draw from the data?
Implications for the Field of Psychology (how the findings could be used/applied in the field):
- Include how the results of the study can be applied (e.g., why are the findings of the study important?). These may be the implications the authors put forth, or your own ideas (be sure to cite if they are not your ideas).
- How would psychology/education/counseling professionals benefit (learn) from the findings?
- How might the results improve knowledge or application in the field? What should psychology professionals “take away” from the findings?
- Describe the basics of how the study was conducted. What procedures were used?
- Who were the participants?
Strengths/Limitations of the Study:
- Include at least one strength AND one limitation you saw in the study.
- Explain why you believe each is a strength or limitation. Hint: study findings are not “strengths” in and of themselves.
The article review should be 1,000-1,250 words. Include a minimum of three scholarly articles.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 4.4: Explain the importance of maintaining knowledge of current trends in psychology.
Use the following coupon code :