Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
NUR550 D8Q1: Influencing policy
NUR550 D8Q1: Influencing policy
Define the role of translational research in influencing policy. Give an example of a local health care policy that has recently been enacted or is awaiting legislative approval that was influenced by research.
Topic 8: Using Research to Support Health Policy, Advocacy, and Policy Development
- Discuss the role of translational research in advancing equitable access to health care and prevention services and policies based on population
- Evaluate the role of the advanced practice nurse in advocating for equitable population health services and
Benchmark – Diverse Population Health Policy Analysis
Select a current or proposed health care policy that is designed to provide equitable health care for a diverse population. Create a 12-15-slide PowerPoint presentation discussing the health care policy and how it improves a specific population’s access to quality, cost-effective health care. Create speaker notes of 100-250 words for each slide. Include additional slides for the title and references.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the policy
- Discuss the diverse population that will be affected by this
- Explain how the policy is designed to improve cost-effectiveness and health care equity for the diverse
- Discuss why the policy is financially sound and explain how the policy incorporates the nursing perspective and relevant ethical, legal, and political Provide rationale to support your explanation.
- Describe what state, federal, global health policies, or goals the policy is related to and explain the degree to which each helps achieve equitable health care for the diverse
- Discuss advocacy strategies for improving access, quality, and cost-effective health care for the diverse population
- Discuss the professional and moral obligation of master’s prepared nurses to respect human dignity and advance the common good through working to promote health and prevent disease among diverse populations from a Christian
You are required to cite eight peer-reviewed sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
MBA-MSN; MSN-Nursing Education; MSN Acute Care Nurse Practitioner-Adult-Gerontology; MSN Family Nurse Practitioner; MSN-Health Informatics; MSN-Health Care Quality and Patient Safety; MSN-Leadership in Health Care Systems; MSN-Public Health Nursing
- : Examine financially sound health care policy that incorporates the nursing perspective and relevant ethical, legal, and political
- : Determine advocacy strategies for improving access, quality, and cost-effective health care for diverse
- : Integrate appropriate state, federal, and global health policies and goals into the design of equitable health care for
- : Examine the professional and moral obligation of master’s-prepared nurses to respect human dignity and advance the common good through working to promote health and prevent disease among diverse populations from a Christian
Topic 8 DQ 1
Discuss the role of translational research in promoting equitable access to health care and preventative services, as well as population health policies. Give an example of a local health care policy that has recently been enacted or is awaiting legislative approval that was influenced by research.
Topic 8 DQ 2
Discuss your future role as an advanced registered nurse in advocating for equitable population health services and policies. Do you foresee any difficulties or barriers to “population advocacy”? How would you approach these difficulties?