Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
NR443 Community Settings DQ 12
NR443 Community Settings DQ 12
This APA paper should be no more than four pages long (not including the title page and reference list). The requirements for completing this paper are listed below. Please utilize the APA Template indicated below, which includes the following categories as first level headings on your paper. APA formatting aids in the professional organization of your paper and gives consistent techniques for citing sources and completing your reference page. For help with APA formatting, see the documents in the APA category under Course Resources. The Student Success Strategies resource contains excellent parts on scholarly paper writing and APA formatting.
- The community health setting for this paper must be a faith community such as a church/parish, or other congregation.
- Click to view and download the NR443 Community Settings APA Template (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to complete your paper. The template is formatted with the appropriate running head, title page, page numbers, paragraph formatting, and most of the headings. Please edit the headers and title page with your specific information. You are also encouraged to view the Week 4 assignment tutorial found at the end of the Academic Integrity Reminder.
- Read the chapter of your textbook on the assigned community health setting and take notes based on the outline below.
- Locate and read at least one scholarly peer-reviewed journal article that is not assigned in the course related to a nurse’s role in health promotion in this setting. Go to the Chamberlain library at http:/library.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Search peer reviewed journals to find a scholarly article on this topic. The article must be less than 10 years old (less than 5 years is best).
- Thoroughly address the following categories using the APA Template that is provided.
- · Introduction (one paragraph):
- · The introduction should be interesting and capture the reader’s attention.
- · Introduce the assigned community setting
- · Briefly identify CHN role(s) in this setting
- · Identify vulnerable population(s) served in this setting
- · Include a purpose statement
- · Community Setting (two to three paragraphs)
- · Describe the assigned community setting, including vulnerable population(s) served.
- · Discuss three health services provided by the a CHN in the assigned setting.
- · Use your textbook or an outside scholarly source to address these sub-points.
- · Health Promotion Nursing Intervention (two to three paragraphs)
- · Describe in detail health promotion intervention(s) that a CHN could implement in the assigned community setting.
- · Identify people/organizations/community members this CHN role may collaborate with in health promotion interventions.
- · Utilize at least one peer-reviewed scholarly article related to a health promotion intervention.
NR443 Community Settings DQ 12
- Professional Nursing Organization (two paragraphs)
- Provide a detailed description of a professional nursing organization related to the assigned community setting. Search the text, your article, or the Internet for one professional organization that supports nurses in this role. If you can’t find an organization specific to this group, search the American Nurses Association (ANA) website for information on this role. Cite the organization in the body of the text with (organization name, year), and include a complete reference on the reference page.
- Discuss one professional issue that this organization is addressing related to the assigned community setting.
- Summary (one paragraph)
The summary reiterates key points about:
- The community setting and the CHN role(s)
- Health promotion intervention
- Professional organization
- Includes a concluding statement.
Reference Page: The reference page should start on a new page (insert a page break). All references should be cited within the body of the paper as (author or organization, year), and the full reference should be included in APA format on the reference page. A URL link alone is not an adequate reference. See the Chamberlain Guidelines for Professional Writing in the APA Folder in Program Resources for examples of properly formatted references.
The setting for this paper must be a faith community.
- Application: Use Microsoft Word 2010™ or later to create this assignment on the template provided.
- We highly recommend that you used the specific APA paper template for this assignment linked above as the headings are already included.
- Scholarly Writing: APA format is required. Review APA documents in Program Resources, and use the free resources of tutor.com for writing tutors.
- Length: This paper is expected to be no more than 4 pages in length (not including the title page and reference list).
- Quotations should be minimal—please paraphrase your sources. A maximum of one quotation should be used for this paper.
- Save your paper with your last name in the document title (e.g., Smith Community Settings).
- Submission: Submit your paper by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 4.
- Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions.
- Best Practices in Preparing the Paper
- The following are best practices in preparing this project.
- Follow the guidelines above carefully.
- Use only the assigned community setting.
- Complete you own work.
- Use the provided APA assignment specific template.
- Ask you instructor if you have any questions. NR443 Community Settings DQ 12
- Visit the SSPRNBSN Student Success resource for help with writing a scholarly paper, APA formatting, and library navigation. This should be one of your course tiles.
- Use the 1st column of the grading rubric to make sure all elements of the paper are addressed.
- Cite all sources within the paper as well as on the reference page.
- Proofread prior to final submission.
· Check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission with Grammarly.com or the free tutor available through the Tutoring link in the course.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.