Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
NR393 Memories of Nursing Project
NR393 Memories of Nursing Project
To apply lessons in nursing history to living nurses contributing to nursing history through an interview and documentation of historical information
The Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
- CO1: Incorporate appropriate historical perspectives into current professional nursing practice (PO2).
- CO4: Compare current professional nursing practice roles with historical roles of the nurse (PO7).
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 1 is worth 100 points of this total.
Submit your completed NR393 Milestone 1 by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. mountain time at the end of Week 2.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Exceptional nurses all over the world are making nursing history today. Choose one registered nurse who is creating nursing history as the project’s subject. This RN must have at least ten years of experience. The nurse could be a family member, a friend, a colleague, an acquaintance, a manager, a former instructor, or another nurse who is developing, delivering, or influencing nursing practice in your area. Do not select a former or current patient. Remember that a nurse does not have to create a nursing theory, write textbooks, or be the head of a nursing organization to make nursing history. The chief nurse executive who manages to deliver quality care in a small rural hospital with a tiny budget has a story worth telling. The nurse who served in the military has a story that is important to document as nursing history. The staff nurse who consistently provides high quality care is making history. History is not merely the major accomplishments or events; it includes the activities nurses everywhere do in their nursing lives. Milestone 1 is due at the end of Week 2. NR393 Memories of Nursing Project
- Clearly explain to the selected nurse that statements made in the interview will be recorded (audio, video, and/or written) and submitted to the instructor. The interview is not intended for public access.
- Obtain permission from the selected nurse to participate in an interview about his or her
- memories of nursing and nursing education;
- contributions to nursing; and
- persons or events that have influenced his or her nursing practice.
- Carefully review the Milestone 1 Grading Rubric. Complete only Milestone 1 requirements at this time.
- Download the required Milestone 1 Template (Links to an external site.). Save it to your computer with the file name as Your Last Name NR393 Milestone 1.docx.
- You are required to complete the form using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.). Click on the envelope at the top of the page.
- Type directly on your saved Milestone 1 Template. Submit your completed Milestone 1 as instructed by Sunday of Week 2.
- Note: Do not complete the interview at this time.
**Academic Integrity Reminder**
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work, except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment. Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
Note: Please use your browser’s File menu to save or print this page