Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
NR 447 WEEK 4 NURSING CARE MODELS PAPER LATEST
NR 447 Week 4 Nursing Care Models Paper Latest
Nursing Care Models Paper
The goal of this assignment is to identify nurse care models used in today’s diverse health care settings and to increase your understanding of how models affect care management and may influence delegation. You will evaluate the efficacy of models and decide how you would work with a nurse leader to discover areas for improvement in order to ensure quality, safety, and staff satisfaction.
Completion of this assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
- C04-1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO 4. 2)
- C04-2: Implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the inter professional team through communication and relationship building. (PO #3)
- C04-3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change. (PO #7) C04-6: Develop a personal awareness of complex organizational systems and integrate values and beliefs with organizational mission. (PO #7)
- CO*7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and/or system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (PO 2, and *3)
- C04-8: Apply concepts of quality and safety using structure, process, and outcome measures to identify clinical questions as the beginning process of changing current practice. (PO*8)
This assignment is to be submitted to the Dropbox by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, end of Week 4. Points
This assignment is worth 200 points.
- Read your text, Finkelman (2012), pp- 118- 127.
- Observe staff in delivery of nursing care provided. Practice settings may vary depending on availability.
- Identify the model of nursing care that you observed. Be specific about what you observed, who was doing what, when, how and what led you to identify the particular model.
- Write a 5-7 page paper that includes the following:
- Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related tothe nursing care model you observed in the practice setting.
- Review and summarize two scholarly resources (not including your text) related to a nursing care model that is different from the one you observed in the practice setting.
- Discuss your observations about how the current nursing care model is being implemented. Be specific.
- Recommend a different nursing care model that could be implemented to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction. Be specific.
- Provide a summary/conclusion about this experience/assignment and what you learned about nursing care models.
- Write your paper using APA format. Submit to the Dropbox.
Grading Criteria: Nursing Care Models Paper
|Identify Nursing Care Model in practice including specifics about who, what when, where, etc.||60||30%||Identifies Nursing Care Model for delivery of nursing care. Provides specifics.|
|Besides Finkelman, locate scholarly resources related to Nursing Care Models||40||20%||In addition to Finkelman, locates four scholarly resources related to Nursing Care Models. Summarizes all resources in body of paper.|
|Implementation and Recommendations||60||30%||Describe implementation of current Nursing Care Model and recommend a different model that could be utilized to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction.|
|Conclusion/summary||20||10%||Describe implementation of current Nursing Care Model and recommend a different model that could be utilized to improve quality of nursing care, safety and staff satisfaction.|
|Clarity of writing||20||10%||Content is organized, logical, and with correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure are correct. APA formatting is apparent and CCN template is utilized. References are properly cited within the paper; reference page includes all citations; proper title page and introduction are present and evidence of spell and grammar check is obvious.|
NR 447 DeVry Week 4 Nursing Care Models Paper Latest