Case Study Analysis And Proposal DQ 13
Case Study Analysis And Proposal DQ 13
Milestone three is not yet graded but will add to download when received. Please follow and address all elements. Please open Rubic.
Evaluate the cultural competence of the healthcare organization presented in the Integrated Safety-Net Health Care System case study using a population health approach. Please also read the supplemental Interpreting Services Program document to ensure that you have all of the information about the Montefiore Medical Center you will need to address the critical elements.
Specifically the following critical elements must be addressed:
I. Patient engagement activities and communication strategies
· Critique the organization’s translation and interpretation services that may be available to non-English-speaking patients. In other words, does the organization provide such services? How many different languages are supported? How might the organization communicate with a speaker of a language that is not supported? Be sure to provide
· b) Analyze the extent to which educational resources and materials are available in languages other than English. Be sure to provide specific examples.
· c) Assess organizational staff training on patient engagement and communications for its potential to foster cultural competence. Be sure to provide evidence to support your claims.
· d) Identify gaps or deficiencies that may exist in the organization’s patient engagement and communications strategies, and provide evidence to support your claims. If you feel there are none, be sure to explain your reasoning.
II. Health promotion and disease prevention and management strategies
· Assess the organization on its efforts to promote healthy living by examining programs (e.g., fitness classes, blood pressure clinics, first aid training, nutrition education, etc.) that it may offer to patients. Be sure to provide evidence to support your claims.
· How appropriate are the organization’s disease prevention and management programs and services (such as discharge planning, home health services, vaccination services, etc.) for addressing factors that determine population health status? Be sure to provide evidence to support your claims.
· Assess non-programmatic services (such as transportation, on-site child care, etc.) that may be offered by the organization for their impact on factors that determine population health status.
· Identify gaps or deficiencies that may exist in the organization’s health promotion and disease prevention and management efforts, and provide evidence to support your claims. If you feel there are none, be sure to explain your reasoning.
III. Financial incentives and quality improvement processes
· Analyze population health-oriented policies (such as non-discrimination in hiring, care and treatment, Patient Bill of Rights, financial assistance, etc.) that the organization may have implemented for reducing costs and improving overall quality. Be sure to provide evidence to support your claims.
· To what extent is the organization’s approach to care considered patient-centered? Be sure to cite specific examples to substantiate your claims.
· What specific strategies (such as eliminating unnecessary procedures and providing only essential treatments or interventions) does the organization employ in its population health approach to reduce costs and improve overall quality?
· Describe gaps or deficiencies that may exist in the organization’s use of the population health approach in reducing costs and improving quality of care, and provide evidence to support your claims. If you feel there are none, be sure to explain your reasoning.
· Recommend strategies for improving the organization’s cultural competence with regard to patient engagement and communications. Be sure to use research to support your reasoning.
· Suggest health promotion and disease prevention strategies for improving outcomes in terms of population health status. Be sure to use research to justify your suggestions.
· Recommend policies and strategies that increase the organization’s use of a population health approach to reduce costs and improve overall quality of care. Be sure to use research to substantiate your recommendations. Case Study Analysis And Proposal DQ 13
Guidelines for Submission:
Written components of the project must follow these formatting guidelines when applicable: double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and APA-style citations. The case study analysis and proposal should be 8 to 10 pages in length, not including cover page and resources
Use the following coupon code :