Get a 10 % discount on an order above $ 100!
Assignment 4: Simulation Training in Education
Assignment 4: Simulation Training in Education
The purpose of this assignment is to (a) explore and present an information technology used in the healthcare system
that supports the patient care experience and (b) develop the skills of team communication, collaboration, and
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO 1: Describe patient‐care technologies as appropriate to address the needs of a diverse patient population. (PO 1)
CO 5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support safe nursing
practice. (PO 5)
CO 6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security,
regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy. (PO 6)
CO 8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care. (PO 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to
Total points possible: 240 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1) For this team project, students will be assigned by faculty into teams of three to five individuals depending upon
a. Teams will receive a project grade based on assessment by the project rubric, which will then be applied to each
individual’s grade for the project minus points for lack of participation in the development or presentation of the
b. The team leader will make all dropbox submissions for the course so that the:
• TURNITIN similarity index will not pick up inadvertent self‐plagiarism from another team member’s
• Course faculty will have only one submission to review and grade.
2) Prepare a PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes between 25‐30 slides, excluding the title and reference
a. Speaker Notes
• Outline and “script” the presentation for online students.
o Online students’ speaker notes should include the name of the student who researched and presented
the slide information.
o Campus students follow the guidelines of your course instructor.
b. Scholarly writing and APA guidelines should be followed as applicable to PowerPoint slides.
c. Cite sources in APA format in the applicable slides and include the APA formatted reference in your reference
list slide(s) ‐ minimum 6 references.
d. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation apply even in bullet points and speaker slides (e.g., quotation marks, italics,
verb tense, etc.). Assignment 4: Simulation Training in Education
e. Copyright and plagiarism guidelines apply.
3) Each team will be assigned a healthcare information systems technology (e.g., Computerized Physician Order Entry,
Electronic Health Record, Electronic Medical Record, etc.) by the course instructor. For that technology, include the
following discussions in the presentation:
a. Introduction of Technology and Team – 20 points/ 8%
• Title slide identifies the assigned technology.
• Title slide introduces team members.
NR360_RUA_Technology_Presentation _Guidelines Revised: July 2020 1
Simulation Training in Education
RUA: Technology Pr esentation Gui delines
• Presentation provides an introduction that:
o Describes the technology
o States a purpose for use of the technology in healthcare
o Establishes the professional tone for the presentation
b. History and Current Use – 30 points/ 14%
• Describe significant findings that prompted the development of the technology.
• Discuss the history and current use of the technology in healthcare.
• Describe three goals of this technology’s implementation.
c. Impact on Healthcare and Nursing – 40 points/ 16%
• Discuss impact on professional nursing practice related to:
o Patient safety
o Quality of care measures/ monitoring
o Risk management
o Privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient data
o Effect on population within the region
o Ethical practice
o Compliance with legal and regulatory mandates
o Organizational infrastructure and operations
• Support discussions with examples & data from current evidence-based resources.
d. Three Advantages and Disadvantages – 40 points/ 16%
• Patient’s perspective (e.g., patient outcomes, safety, patient/ family satisfaction)
• Nurse’s perspective (improves/ hinders job efficiency/ safety)
• Healthcare organization’s perspective (regulatory compliance, financial, etc.)
e. Controversy, Issues, Challenges, and Regulatory Implications – 30 points/ 14%
• How might issues surrounding the chosen technology be addressed/ solved?
• Provide statistically significant data or evidence to support your findings. Assignment 4: Simulation Training in Education